Tempe Artist Guild
The Tempe Artists Guild (TAG) promotes the appreciation and practice of art. We encourage artistic development and cooperation among artists and support art-related community projects and programs.
Benefits of Participation
TAG welcomes artists working in all mediums, at any level, to join our creative community. You don’t need to live in Tempe, AZ to benefit from the inspiration shared by the talented artists in our Speaker Series or Workshops. Joining our community is easy! The $35 fee entitles you to:
- Participate in the entire Speaker Series (10 live presentations by accomplished artists, with audience questions encouraged)
- Submit your own artwork to be critiqued by the guest artist during select Speaker Series events
- Upload images of your work on your personal page on the TAG website
- Exhibit your art in the TAG Exhibitions (virtual and in-person)
- Vote in TAG elections of officers for the Board of Directors
- Receive emails about all activities, with Zoom login links for Speaker Series
- Participate in virtual and in-person exhibitions sponsored by the Arizona Artist Alliance
Note: The $35 fee includes activities between March 1 and February 28. The reduced fee of $20 includes activities between September 1 and February 28. Art Workshops are priced at $40 for those enrolled in the Speaker Series, and $50 for those not enrolled in the Speaker Series.
In 1964, the Tempe Art League (TAL) was formed. Throughout the years, the league provided scholarships to the Tempe School Districts and held many art shows to promote art in the community. TAL continued for almost 32 years and was dissolved in 2002. A few of the members continued to meet for critique, socializing, and art conversation and referred to themselves as TAG, which stood for Tempe Art Group.
In February 2007, the small Tempe Art Group decided to become a true art league again. The Tempe Artists Guild, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, was formed in May 2007. Howard Simpson was elected TAG’s first president.
TAG has grown and developed into a serious art league. We are members of the Arizona Art Alliance, hold our own art shows, collaborate with the City of Tempe in various projects, sponsor scholarships, host workshops, and offer critiques and inspiring programs at our gatherings.
Click here to see TAG BYLAWS